The good reasons for studying abroad can to a large extent also be transferred to an internship abroad. You gain practical work experience in another country – an experience that pays off both personally and professionally.
Although the Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences itself does not finance any internships abroad, there are various contact points that can be of assistance to you. If you are looking for an internship in one of the member countries of the Erasmus programme, EU-Praktikum Thuringia in Ilmenau is your contact. It provides information on how to apply and receive funding. Please note that during your Bachelor's programme and again during your Master's programme you can each receive a grant for an internship abroad of up to six months and additionally for a study abroad of, again, up to six months.
This guide on the website www.auslandspraktikum.info/ provides further tips, also for internships in countries that are not represented in the Erasmus network. In addition, we have compiled further useful links for you below:
- www.auslandspraktikum-ratgeber.com/ – general info on internships abroad
- AIESEC – internship placement in the fields of business, information technology and development aid
- IAESTE – internship placement for scientists
- Go out! – internships abroad
- Erasmusintern – free platform for Erasmus internships
- Kopra – non-profit platform for internships and jobs in East Asia
- GMI – The German-Malaysian Institute
For further information, please contact the International Office during our office hours or via assist(at)hs-schmalkalden.de.
Students of the Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences who would like to do an internship abroad outside Europe could also apply for a Promos Scholarship. You can apply directly in the International Office of the Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences. Please use the appropriate form.