Skip to content Skip to mainnavigation Skip to footer

Advice and Assistance

In the following sections you will find the important contact points for all student questions. If you are not sure who to contact, you can also contact our team directly. We will be happy to help you.

International Office

The International Office is your first point of contact if you have general questions regarding your studies. You are welcome to visit us during our opening hours or send an e-mail to our team members. We will be happy to help you with any questions you may have.


Coordinators of the Faculties

If you have detailedquestions about your studies, please contact the foreign coordinators of the respective faculties or the respective academic advisor.

Faculty Coordinator Room Email
Business Economics Prof. Dr. Mareike Heinemann Building C 203 m.heinemann(at)
Business Law Prof. Dr. Rainer Schackmar Building D 331 r.schackmar(at)
Computer Science Prof. Dr. Kurt Englmeier Building F 102 k.englmeier(at)
Electrical Engineering Prof. Dr.-Ing. Maria Schweigel Building B 309 ma.schweigel(at)
Mechanical Engineering Prof. Dr. Emil Kolev Building D 325



Central Student Advisory

The Central Student Counselling Office at Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences provides information and orientation on study opportunities, application and admission procedures, the structure and requirements of studies (main content of the study programme), study offers and contact details of other universities. In addition, you can be informed individually about study and career choices, changes of study programme and/or university, and questions about dropping out.

Further information is available here.


Foreigners Office

In the Schmalkalden outpost of the District Office, the Foreigners Authority offers consultation hours for international students of the Schmalkalden University of Applied Sciences.
From November it will be open every Thursday 08:30-12:00 and 13:00-16:00. Please arrange a personal appointment with Mrs. Dudszus in advance either by e-mail: a.dudszus(at) or telephone at +49 3693 485-8133.


Landratsamt Schmalkalden (foreigners office)

Sandgasse 2

98574 Schmalkalden

Phone: +49 3683 682 414

Required Documents:

  • Visa Application form (German, English/French/Italian)
  • Passport Copy
  • Financial Evidence
  • Biometric Photo
  • Confirmation of Registration
  • Copy of the Rental Agreement
  • Certificate of Insurance



International students can apply for a scholarship at numerous organisations, such as the DAAD, party-related foundations or business-related institutions. The DAAD website provides information on the various types of funding and suitable offers in the Scholarship Database. You can find a short version (in German) here.


Dortmitory - Studierendenwerk

Your application for a room in the dormitory can be done via the website of the Studierendenwerk. In addition, the staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding student accommodation.
If you have any questions about the various processes, please contact the International Office or Ms Jelsch directly. Further information are available here.


Psychosocial counselling - Studierendenwerk

Psychosocial Counselling (PSB) is available free of charge to all students of Thuringia's universities who need to talk to a neutral person about themselves, their situation or their problems to receive further support. Those seeking advice can contact us with problems related to their studies as well as in personal conflict situations. Psychosocial counselling is also available in English on request. Further information is available here.

The Opening Hours are during the lecture period on Thursdays every 14 days in the straight calendar week, 03:00 - 04:00 pm in the counselling centre, Blechhammer 9b, House S